Bishop Society Panels at the ALA Conference in Boston, May 25-28, 2023
Elizabeth Bishop’s Poems and Letters: Elision, Disclosure, and Domesticity
Bethany Hicok, Williams College, Chair
- Anindita Sempere, Université de Neuchâtel, “Elizabeth Bishop’s Queer Phenomenology”
- Neil Besner, University of Winnipeg, “Elizabeth Bishop’s Letters and Mônica Morse”
- Tom Travisano, Hartwick College, “Imagining Bishop’s Complete Letters: A Map of the Terrain”
Receptivity and Reception: Elizabeth Bishop and Others
Angus Cleghorn, Seneca College, Chair
- Rebecca Bradburn, Oxford University, “A Sleeping Ear: Elizabeth Bishop & the Snail Shell”
- Vidyan Ravinthiran, Harvard University, “’Self-Forgetfulness’ & Minoritized Poets”
- Andrew Osborn, University of Dallas, “Jorie Graham’s Bishop”
A new journal entitled Bishop-Lowell Studies with Editor Ian Copestake will feature scholarly articles on Bishop, Lowell, and related 20th-century writing. Please see the website at https://www.psupress.org/Journals/jnls_BLS.html
The last issue of The Elizabeth Bishop Bulletin was Fall 2019. Thanks to everyone in the Elizabeth Bishop Society for reading and contributing to the bulletin, as well as developing Bishop scholarship over the years! I will keep in touch as a member of the Bishop-Lowell Studies editorial board. Cheers,
“One Art: Elizabeth Bishop and Friendship”
Thomas Travisano, Hartwick College
Angus Cleghorn, ed. Elizabeth Bishop and the Music of Literature. Palgrave Macmillan, 2019.
Bethany Hicok, ed. Elizabeth Bishop and the Literary Archive. Lever Press, 2020.
Anne-Marie Fyfe. No Far Shore: Charting Unknown Waters. Seren Books, 2019.